BM Study - Stock Historical Data sets

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
godog

BM Study - Stock Historical Data sets

Post by godog » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:37 am

Still new here on the platform and learning as I go.  I think the only way to get market data for a US stock is to track the stock in BookMap in real time...meaning, I can't load the stock symbol and then see select a historic data set.

If I can load a historical data set , please share how I can load a instrument and see past data.

If not then one of the things that is frustrating is I can only gather a stocks data points at the time of tracking start.  This make stock data analysis hard and incomplete.  Each morning I load in about 10 symbols so I have a full plate of tracked data by day's end.  But many times during the day, interesting stocks will pop up and I will start tracking...but the data collection only starts at the moment it is loaded into BM.

After several weeks of use, I do get the impression that the platform is more geared toward futures, cypto, etc.  US stocks seems more like a side note to the platform right now, in terms of available tools, marketplace, webinars, etc.

I would think that if DXfeed can provide the depth of data for US stocks at the moment the stock is being tracked, isn't it possible to download historical data for a stock instrument as well?

For instance, I did not track $SPI today and BookMap would tell a very interesting story of the action behind the candles.  But since I didn't track it, that data and the research is forever lost.

If someone tracked today, please share the data file.

Bookmap...any way to load in a stocks historical data, even with parameters (by date or date range), after the trading day?  This would be super helpful in order to conduct order book data across similar parabolic stock moves.  If not now, is it a service that can be added, even at extra fees?
Last edited by godog on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helena

Re: Stock Historical Data sets

Post by Helena » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:41 am

Hi,

If you have the DxFeed data feed subscription then you are able to see for up to 24 hours of backfill data.

You can choose the cloud historical data while you subscribe to the instrument.

Also you can add cloud historical data when you have already subscribed to the instrument using the arrow on the left of the chart.

If you have the problem with loading the backfill data please contact us [email protected] and we will check your subscription.

godog

Re: Stock Historical Data sets

Post by godog » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:56 pm

Thank you...that definitely makes BM more useful.  Eventually it would be beneficial to load in data by date versus a hour limit.  There are several historical charts that I would like to study.

If DXfeed holds historical data, is it possible to add data based on date (or date range) for an instrument?

Sandra

Re: BM Study - Stock Historical Data sets

Post by Sandra » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:22 am

No, you can add only up to 96 hours of bacfill data to the current chart.

But it is possible to record your sessions on specific days and then open it in a Replay Mode.