See the Knowledge Base adapter page for BitMEX installation instructions.
Before you register an account If you wish to contribute to the developers, please use following affiliate link to register an account on BitMEX: https://www.bitmex.com/register/2rg2pY
This will not affect your own fees. It's a regular affiliate link that BitMEX assigns to any trading account including yours. Read more about it here.
It's easy to find on internet pros/cons of BitMEX exchange and comparison to other exchanges. Here are some of its pros:
- Ability to open a trading account within minutes regardless of your country of residence (probably because it accepts only digital currency and therefore has to comply with less regulations)
- Low minimum fund, $50 or so...
- Relatively low commissions compared to other exchanges
- High leverage if you wish so
click release tab to download the adapter in its current stage, put it under C:\Bookmap\API\Layer0ApiModules, configure connection, connect, subscribe (e.g. XBTUSD).
Target connection API
Supports market data and trading
There are no major issues, but some tasks to be completed (listed in the project page)
To generate API keys visit your account at https://www.bitmex.com/app/apiKeys (real account) or https://testnet.bitmex.com/app/apiKeys (the paper trade account). Note that testnet requires a separate registration. The market data on testnet isn't real.
No need to select Withdraw checkbox. This functionality isn't supported by the adapter.
Insert the two API keys into corresponding fields of connection configuration in Bookmap. In case of testnet, select "This is a demo account" checkbox.
- Market orders sent on BitMEX web platform cause short disconnection of Bookmap and executions don't appear as icons.
- Limit Orders sent on BitMEX web platform cause short disconnection of Bookmap, but appear on Bookmap chart.
- No warning is shown if the account is marked as a Spam Account
- If a Bracket Order parent gets rejected by BitMEX the children will be placed anyway. They never get triggered though. If not cancelled manually they get canceled by BitMEX within 30s.
- There is a chance that Executions and/or Cancelled info lacks orders. And the earlier the execution happened the higher the chance is.
- Stop Orders
- Brackets, OCO, TP, SL
- Trailing stop
- Leverage and P&L computation
- Stress test