[Simplified API] PositionListener Issue in v7.1.0 build:7

Custom indicators, trading strategies, data export and recording and more...
Gregory

Re: [Simplified API] PositionListener Issue in v7.1.0 build:7

Post by Gregory » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:20 am

For determining if you’re in simulation mode, I recommend adding something in your custom settings for the strategy.

I’m adding to this thread because I started it 20 months ago and it’s still not been fixed.

Additionally, for an equal length of almost 2 years there has been another bug in the API where the simulator returns NULL clientIds for stoploss and take profit orders.

I’ve been writing support about it for at least the last month... to the point I was writing daily until they asked me to post a request in the requested features section of the forum.

What a strong slap in the face for a paying client... this isn’t a feature but 2 different bugs in the API that have gone ignored for way too long.

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Post by Svyatoslav » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:40 am

Hi Gregory,
I'm sorry that we didn't get to it. We do discuss adjusting (well, basically rewriting, given the state of that part of code) our trading simulation module from time to time, but that doesn't get required priority so far... That's why writing in the forum would help - as soon as there are more people complaining about it, it would be much easier to get this task into todo list.

As for a temporary workaround (yeah, I know, "temporary" doesn't sound good here given how long you had to wait) - you can use server-side simulation, which most providers support, such as "paper trading" system in Rithmic and so on. It isn't supported on some providers, so it might not work for you.

Also, if someone feels up to the task, it might be possible to implement trading simulator using Data Editor API (again, I know, that's our job, but I'm just listing all the options here) https://github.com/BookmapAPI/DemoStrat ... tor-module . This theoretically allows for all kinds of different simulators, including ones accounting for latency (which ours currently does not), etc.

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:44 pm

Thanks for your response and for the ideas. The real-time paper trading doesn’t help because the simulator is important for validating ideas without waiting days in the process.

Logically these ancient bugs in the existing system should be fixed before new features are added. Please help me.

Thanks,
Gregory