More BTC tick sizes and/or proper custom tick sizes

Add your new features and requests here.
pr0ma

More BTC tick sizes and/or proper custom tick sizes

Post by pr0ma » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:09 pm

Hi I want to bring up the importance of adding more tick sizes to BTC. I'm  mentioning BTC because it's the asset I trade, this probably applies to other assets.

One part of my system consists in identifying absolute liquidity changes within the nearest levels to BBO, usually 5 to 20 levels (depending on the market cap)

This worked very well when the price of BTC was around 30K, the tick size of 10 had enough aggregation that I was able to see and measure these liquidity changes very well within the firs 7 levels of the book. As the price of BTC increase I had to expand the number of levels to capture the same liquidity changes but as the price goes up and you keep the same tick size the proportions that worked so well at 30K get skewed and skewed as the price moves higher.

Now the price is around 70K and the tick size of 10 holds much less liquidity because 10 ticks = $100 at 30K is 0.33% of the price and 10 ticks = $100 at 70K is 0.14%, more aggregation is needed to achieve the accuracy I had at 30K.

So, ok, big deal, I need a bigger tick size. This would be okay if we had reasonable tick size levels to choose from or even better: the ability to select our own tick size, the same way it can be done on exocharts. With Exocharts I can select custom tick sizes for TPOs, candles, dom and watch them all at the same time... So it cannot be that complicated and frankly it is a basic feature when you are working with tick data. 

If I try to go from tick 10 to tick 50 that is a 5X step, it's  just too much. I believe tick sizes of 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 should be offered or custom tick sizes altogether.

Please support my suggestion by leaving a comment and please bookmap team consider this as an improvement of the product rather than a new feature request

Many thanks