Do I need both NASDAQ and EDGX?

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
mpl256

Do I need both NASDAQ and EDGX?

Post by mpl256 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:28 am

I'm trading very liquid stocks, basically NVDA/TSLA/PLTR etc.

Is there any advantage to having both NASDAQ and EDGX subscription on DXFeed? Won't NASDAQ be enough?

Helena

Re: Do I need both NASDAQ and EDGX?

Post by Helena » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:38 am

Hi,Both Nasdaq and Edgx provide access to all US Equities including ETFs. The difference between them is on the amount of liquidity you are able to see on the Bookmap chart. By combining both Nasdaq and EDGX you see more liquidity for each stock, since you see the consolidation of two different Data Providers.

Liquidity means you see more trader's orders on the order book. The more the liquidity the better picture you have on what is going on in the market.

EDGX will not provide more liquidity as NASDAQ if you want to have it instead.

mpl256

Post by mpl256 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:48 am

Thanks for your reply.

My main question is will I actually see a difference? I mainly trade these very high-volume stocks.
Is there any actual difference in the heatmap to using only NASDAQ vs using NASDAQ+EDGX?

Helena

Post by Helena » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:12 pm

Hi,

You will see depth data only from one exchange Nasdaq if you will have only Nasdaq data subscription and you will see depth data from two exchanges if you will have subscription to Nasdaq and EDGX. Yes, you will see the difference in the heatmap.

You can susbcribe separate also to Dxfeed NBBO. 
The NBBO is a line showing the national best bid and offer on the Bookmap chart. For more info please check this article here: https://bookmap.com/blog/national-best- ... ffer-nbbo/
You will see with NBBO trades from many exchanges.