Information Iceberg detector

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
marco_47

Information Iceberg detector

Post by marco_47 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi, I need an information about "iceberg detector" included in the global plus package:
How many algorithms are there for this feature? I saw three algorithms : Underflow , resistance and native, is possible?
With rithmic data is possible to use the native algorithm?

Thank you!!

TomB

Re: Information Iceberg detector

Post by TomB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:58 pm

I use the underflow with MBO data.. It is a synthetic detector which alerts when icebergs are detected above the threshold you set. I also have the SI MBO bundle so I track both. The iceberg detector seems to alert in alignment with the SI detector most of the time except the iceberg detector is not accurate and does not alert all the time. I basically use the detector to alert me that there has been iceberg activity, not for the numbers it shows. Hope this is helpful. If you want accurate iceberg and stop info, the MBO Bundle would be the tool to use imo. Regards Tom

marco_47

Post by marco_47 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:39 pm

OK, Thank you Tom for reply !! So, for MBO data I have to buy the MBO package ?
In the Iceberg detector is there native algorithm, or just underflow and resistance ?
If I use rithmic data with just Global plus , will I have MBO data or MBP data?
Thank you!

TomB

Post by TomB » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:40 pm

The Native SI Tracker Is an Add-on. MBO Data is currently only available through Rithmic. I use the Iceberg Tracker in BM with the MBO data in the underflow setting. I find the alert feature is helpful in case I am not focused and also because the SI Tracker does not currently have an alert function. 

TomB

Post by TomB » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:41 pm

The Native SI Tracker Is an Add-on. MBO Data is currently only available through Rithmic. I use the Iceberg Tracker in BM with the MBO data in the underflow setting. I find the alert feature is helpful in case I am not focused and also because the SI Tracker does not currently have an alert function.